Call Us: +44 0 208 303 7755

Probate Legal Services...

Deputyship Orders

It can be a very distressing time when a relative or close friend quickly loses their mental capacity and does not have an old style Enduring Power of Attorney or a Lasting Power of Attorney in place.

A Deputy is a person appointed by the Court of Protection to manage the the property and affairs of another person, who lacks the mental capacity to manage them themselves.

We advise you and prepare the necessary paperwork for an application and apply to the Court of Protection to obtain a Deputyship Order. We can also guide you in choosing the best person to obtain this Order. In many cases a spouse, partner or close relative will be the Deputy. In cases where there is no-one able or willing to take the role then the local authority can do so or a professional Deputy for example a solicitor can be appointed. Where the person lacking capacity has a large estate then a professional Deputy may be appropriate.

For Probate matters, please Contact Us in order to discuss how we can help you.